Tuesday, July 14, 2009

the Wrap-up

it's been nearly one month since I started this project. July 14 will make it officialy one month. My goal was 3 books a day for a total of 90 per month, but this month I will only have reviewed around 79. Still not bad, though, considering this is my 'extracurricular' reading, in addition to what I have to do for a class. or two tht I'm teaching.

Also, this has been an unusual month with travel, 3 TV appearances this week, my husband's retirement ceremony, construction on the house and so forth. So it's not too shabby that in this month, I moved up 2000 places on the amazon list. However, I have noticed that my progress seems to have slowed, and I'm concerned that it will be a much harder climb from here on out.

I'm somewhat excited, however, that by implementing simply ONE discipline into my life, (writing amazon reviews for every book I read) it seems to be spilling over into other areas, namely my eating habits and hopefully my work habits. Also, I'm watching less TV which is always a good thing.

Not sure about how public I should be about this particular quest. Although we've lived in our present location for four years now, I still don't have many close friends or people with whom I feel comfortable sharing lots of details about my life. I also don't have a lot of contemporaries, in terms of knowing other people the same age, at a similar stage in life, with similar goals and aspirations. when I talk to the other moms in the development about working, being on TV and contemplating running for political office, I get the impression they don't know what to make of it. Actually, I've been told that I'm intimidating. However, I think if I told them about my HK quest, they'd just think I'm weird.

2 comments:

  1. Weird is accessible. It mitigates intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, those of us who write reviews seriously at Amazon are weird. Embrace it.

    ReplyDelete

Did you find this post helpful?