Monday, July 27, 2009

So here's the thing . .

I'm very excited to have moved up the scale to 2838, but when I "got to know my neighbors," I discovered that 2837 is a big fat cheater! His last four reviews are actually the same review posted four times for four different editions of the same book ("the giver" by Lois Lowry, if you're interested). He's posted his review to the original version of the book, a revised edition of the book, an audio book and (here's the clincher) a TRANSLATION of the book into Spanish. Somebody ought to do something about this cheater. I guess that explains why he's taken credit for reviewing over 1,000 books. Somehow I bet it's closer to 250. I'm sorry, but that feels like gaming the system. What do you all think?

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely cheating in my book. But people do it all the time, including those in the top 100. I will admit I have a few of those in my early reviews, but I haven't done it in 6 or 7 years.

    ReplyDelete

Did you find this post helpful?