Thursday, July 9, 2009

Out of Touch

I've been without internet access for two days! We put in hardwood floors and it necessitated moving lots of things around the house -- it was actually kind of like moving, but without having to go anywhere. I always get sort of melancholy when we do major repair work -- or we move, because when you start piling your shit up, you quickly notice that if your life were about possessions then it wouldn't amount to much. I'm especially not a pack rat (child of bigtime hoarders and clutterers and married to one as well), so I kind of realize that if I were to kick the bucket, probably all my major possessions would fit in a big old trash bucket (the kind with wheels) and then the garbage man would take it away and that would be the end of "me". I don't even want to clutter up the earth with my body. I'd like to be cremated and sprinkled off the fishing pier on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel (luckily I'm no longer catholic, so that whole cremation thing is no longer a stumbling point).

On other fronts, I crossed another item off my "bucket list". I've now been on TV -- and apparently did so well that I've been invited back for Tuesday. Unfortunately, I missed an opportunity to be interviewed about cyberwarfare for the WASHINGTON POST -- because I was unreachable due to our internet situation and my avowed dislike of cell phones. Unfortunatley, if I keep branching out as a TV diva, I'll probalby have to get a blackberry or an Iphone or something.

Also, I got my first "fan mail" regarding my reviews on amazon -- actually I got two comments on my reviews from people who think my project is awesome, and they're two different people. Unfortunately, I ran out of fullbars and went to TEN STORES and couldn't find anymore (I lost FOUR POUNDS last week with those things), so I'm going to have to order more online.

Also, I learned that your ranking on amazon can FALL if you don't post diligently and frequently. (I fell to 3420, but posted 3 more reviews tonight and should have two more up by Sunday night. Hoping that's enough to keep me moving up in the rankings).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you find this post helpful?