Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Updates

I will no longer be posting daily updates on my amazon.com ranking -- but will be posting those weekly (on Monday morning) instead. Also, if anybody knows how I can install some form of ticker on my website (like one of those charts that shows how your stocks are doing), can you post a link in the comments? I think it would be awesome to be able to show how it goes up (and hopefully not down).

Only read two books today -- for a total of 49 reviews. Looking forward to hitting the 100 reviews mark soon, hopefully.

Things are a bit crazy in my house as we prepare for my husband's military retirement ceremony on Thursday. My mother in law arrives tomorrow for what I like to think of as her annual inspection ceremony. Strange, she doesn't have a lot complimentary to say about my professional accomplishments -- but she's all over that tomato sauce that's stuck to the front of the inside of the dishwasher. She'll find that and discuss it for weeks.

And what's with those people who refer to their kids as "my Charles" and "My Sally." And if I've been married to the particular child for upwards of fourteen years, doesn't he at some point become "My Charles"? It just seems odd, that's all. (Speaking of the mother in law).

And we're expecting somewhere between six and one hundred people for our backyard barbecue following the retirement ceremony. I blame the children for the uncertainty regarding the numbers -- and my husband, because most of the people he invited are from obscure countries in the former Soviet Union -- and so they RSVP and say something like "Alloooo, Dis is Mr. EERTYUUSHSH KKKKLLLUUV. I will be at the party, yes?" and my kids write down "Some foreign guy called and said he's coming to the barbecue." And I can't for the life of me figure out if these are DIFFERENT foreign guys or just the same one calling multiple times. And don't even get me started on the messages left on the answering machine. I think they're ALL named EERTYUUUSH KKKLLUUUV, and our answering machine doesn't have the greatest reception anyway. So don't blame me if we run out of beer. Maybe the foreign dudes will bring some. You never know.

1 comment:

Did you find this post helpful?