Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Back!

Weekly Stats:
New Reader Rank: Somewhere around 3716! Yes, that's right in the 3000's now. Cruising right on up the charts.

Books Reviewed: Somewhere around 57.
Average helpfulness: 85 percent. A one percent drop-off this week, but more about that in this post.
Books Read this weekend: 3
Flights taken: 4 (Norfolk-Philadelphia-Albany-LaGuardia-Norfolk)
Kids dropped off at camp: 1
Husbands retired from the military: 1
Altercations with the mother in law avoided: countless
Excedrin? Yes, most definitely. Extra STrength.
Size of my butt in photos of husband's retirement ceremony: Gi-normous.
Women who attended the retirement ceremony who appear to have a crush on my husband: 1
Number of balloon animals my father produced at the retirement ceremony reception: 12 (mostly poodles, in case you were wondering)
General ugliness of my parent's dog: Unfathomable

So that about covers last week:
Wednesday -- collect various and sundry relatives from airports for husband's upcoming retirement ceremony
Thursday -- Husband's retirement ceremony followed by gigantic backyard barbecue
Friday -- drop various relatives and hangers-on back at the airport and back child for trip
4 AM on Saturday -- drive to airport with child for flight to upstate New York. Day spent with parents in what is (correctly) known as "the Adams Family House."
Sunday -- drive child to camp in Adirondack Mountains, then fly home to Norfolk, arriving home at 11:15 PM
Monday -- wake up, be astounded at ranking on amazon.com, fight with husband about whose turn it is to drive remaining children to swim practice, be sad about how fat I look in the retirement party photos, blog and go to work
I have piles of midterms and papers to grade, two lectures to give, and I expect to sleep somewhere around Wednesday. But good to know that I'm still pumping out the reviews and climbing in the ranks. Now if I could just figure out how to stop spending all my money on books . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you find this post helpful?